Here is a diagram displaying the different components of our monitor.
Getting to know the monitor.
- Front Face
- Four indicator lights
- All lights should be GREEN if monitoring properly. If YELLOW/ORANGE – adjustment is needed
- Power: device is powered on
- Rec: device is recording data
- Wifi: device is connected to wifi
- Leads: all leads are hooked up and streaming properly
- Event Button
- Can be pressed by patient or staff to timestamp an event (patient symptomatic, etc)
- Two batteries come in each set. When monitoring a patient, please place the other on the charger.
- Batteries should be changed every 24 hours.
- After charging battery please remove from charger.
- Please charge the Mifi every night bedside to the patient.
- Every morning place Mifi in carrier with the monitor so patient can freely move around the facility.
Turn on the Verizon Mifi device by pressing the power button on FOR 15 SECONDS until the display lights up.
Place the battery into the monitor as indicated.
Place the battery cover on as the unit is powering on.
Plug the leadblock into the side of the monitor. The silver circle on the leadblock should match the silver circle around the EVENT button (both should be facing you).
When the patient is properly connected, all lights will turn green.
- Snap the electrodes (stickers) onto the leadblock before placing them on the patient
- Place the leadblock on the patient as indicated
- Once in place the LEADS light will turn green
After a physician orders telemetry for a patient, please fill out and fax the completed enrollment form and facesheet to the DDI Control Room at 732-280-6444. Our telemetry technicians will monitor your patient 24/7/365 and notify you immediately of any rhythm changes or cardiac events.
Routine reports will be faxed to the nurses station for review.